· Theatre of Learning courses are offered regularly in Bognor Regis on Saturdays
10am –3pm, refreshments provided. (bring own lunch)
· There is a relaxed, informal atmosphere which not only provides valuable inset
but practical and emotional support , especially for Teachers who may be non specialists
or working as the sole RE teacher in their school.On going support is provided through
the facebook support group .
· A detailed handbook is supplied electronically to each participant
( or is available at a cost of £5 for people who are unable to come.)
· £10 for students, trainees and NQTs
· £20 for teachers
· Details of courses are posted on the facebook Theatre of learning group page together
with feedback and photos
· e mail Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to book a place.
Typical courses include
Role playing the Island – including Return to the Island and the Castle in the clouds
Teaching about God and Christianity with the Theatre of Learning
Courses on teaching each of the six major world religions
Teaching issues of social justice, poverty and racism with the Theatre of Learning
Teaching philosophy and Ethics
There are now six professionally published teacher resource files on Theatre
of Learning including one on teaching tolerance .These contain detailed lesson
recipes to enable you to teach active experiential lessons. There is also a DVD of
Theatre of Learning in action. Samples and purchasing details are available at www.sfe.co.uk.